Just like me: Dark and a bit bitter. But still sweet and smooth. Easy to make, but your friends will think you’re a magician. The Blackjack’s beauty is that with Kirschwasser as a main ingredient, you can adjust how sweet you want it… or… have it not sweet at all.
- 1½ Oz Brandy (this is the guts of the drink, don’t scrimp on this)
- ½ Oz Kirschwasser
- 1 Oz espresso (chilled is best)
- 1 Tbsp Demerara Syrup (adjust the level depending on how sweet or not sweet you like it)
- Chocolate Bitters (give it a couple shakes)
- Pecan Bitters (just one shake)
Combine the ingredients into a shaker with uncrushed ice. Shake until the shaker is uncomfortably cold to the touch. Serve up and garnish with maraschino cherries (I like Luxardo… choose whichever you like).
Drink while listening to Ghost’s Cirise.